At Beale Lawyers, we understand that buying or selling a residential property is a big decision for most people. In order to make conveyancing transactions as smooth and trouble-free as possible we can assist you in all aspects including the following:
- Preparation of contracts for sale
- Liaising with real estate agents including reviewing agency agreements
- Reviewing contracts for purchasers (including auction contracts for purchasers attending auctions)
- Providing specific advice in relation to vacant land, units, strata and community title, rural land and ‘off the plan’ purchases
- Obtaining strata inspection reports, building and pest inspection reports
- Negotiating terms and conditions for the sale or purchase of property
- Assisting in arranging exchange including advice re cooling-off period
- Assisting in dealing with mortgage brokers and lenders and helping satisfy their requirements
- Reviewing loan and mortgage documents and assisting with their signing
- Making all necessary arrangements for settlement including liaising with lenders
- Assistance for first home owners in applying for the First Home Owners Grant
- Assistance in applying for other assistance programs from the NSW Government for property purchases such as applications for stamp duty exemptions or rebates
- Advice on stamp duty and, if applicable, GST implications
In addition to residential property, we can provide assistance in respect to commercial property transactions including:
- Acting on the sale and purchase of commercial properties
- Commercial and retail leasing
- Property developments including subdivisions
How much will it cost?
Our conveyancing services are offered at competitive rates, delivered through a professional and helpful team comprising the firm’s principal Tom Beale, an experienced property lawyer, and Gai Cullen, a very capable and efficient conveyancing secretary.
For commercial property transactions, we would discuss our costs with you before proceeding. The costs would depend on the nature of the property and the transaction. For residential conveyances, our fees are currently as follows:
Acting on a sale – $1,295.00 plus GST and Disbursements
- We usually ask for $440 to be paid upfront to cover the cost of preparing the contract and associated disbursements. If you proceed with a sale, the $440 paid up front will be applied towards payment of the total costs and disbursements; that is, it will not be in addition to the fee advised above.
Acting on a purchase – $1,495.00 plus GST and Disbursements
- First Home Owners Grant – For purchases that involve us preparing an application for the First Home Owners Grant and related benefits, we will charge an additional fee of $200 plus GST.
- Advice on loan and mortgage documents – Where you require our advice and assistance in reviewing and executing loan and mortgage documents, we will charge an additional fee of $300 plus GST.
- Fee for reviewing contracts for prospective purchasers – For prospective purchasers, we will provide email advice or oral advice in person or by telephone on a contract for sale free of charge for an initial contract. If you ask us to look at further contracts we will charge $250 plus GST for each contract that we provide advice on. If you proceed with a purchase, the $250 fee will form part of the total costs and disbursements; that is, it will not be in addition to the fee advised above.
Contact us to find out more or to arrange an appointment to discuss your needs with one of our inner west conveyancing lawyers.